From The Suggestion Box…
In the waiting room there is a Suggestion Box; located on the bottom shelf of the re-purposed plant stand, it doesn’t get used frequently but over the past month or so there have been a plethora of suggestions. Here they are, along with my responses.
- “Thought triangle are the best!” I agree! Replacing unhelpful inaccurate thoughts with helpful and accurate thoughts can be a challenging skill to master, but once you do it is a game changer ~ even a life changer. If you are interested in learning how, or want a refresher give me a call.
- “Online scheduling would be great.” I agree! That’s why it is available through the patient portal. If you wold like to have your username and password reset email or call me. You can enter the portal in two ways. The first is directly by going to http://www.hcllc.carepaths.com The second is by going to the home page of my website and clicking on Patient Portal from the left hand menu. The site is somewhat easy to navigate but call me if you have any difficulty.
- “Appreciate the coffee but what about adult beverages for the grown-ups? Mini-bar, perhaps? Wine fridge?” So… occasionally that idea has crossed my mind… The I remember my role is to assist my clients in developing healthy coping skills. So, no mini-bar or wine fridge.
- “Are you at all practiced in the art of sexual therapy? Individuals? Couples?” No, I am not a trained sex-therapist. However, I can help with feelings of disconnect from physical and emotional intimacy. Just to reiterate, no, NOT a trained sex therapist. However, I would be happy to make a referral.
- “Do you do house calls?” Yes, depending on lots of things. In-home therapy is only available to people who pay privately. Please contact me for information if you are interested. In-home therapy can be very beneficial for families and couples.
- “What about pet therapy?” Hmmm… what about it? If you would like to incorporate Nina more just let me know. If you are interested in working with Equines we can do that as well. (Equine assisted sessions are available to those paying privately and is great for all, individuals, families and couples)
- “I think nature therapy would be fun!” I agree! Unfortunately, I do not have any advanced training in nature therapy also known as Ecotherapy. If you would like to pursue Ecotherapy I will be happy to assist you in finding someone who specializes in Ecotherapy.
See… the suggestion box has been humming and I appreciate the comments, suggestions and feedback! Please feel free to ask me questions or make suggestions directly, then I have the ability to respond directly.
~Katherine Ryan is a LMHC (Licensed Mental Health Counselor) and enjoys helping adults, children and teens become unstuck through counseling, mediation or equine assisted learning and growth opportunities. She serves the communities of Topsfield, Boxford & Middleton as well as Danvers, Beverly & Newburyport